----------------

Bodgey Bagel Caption Contest

Mr Bagels Latest Cartoon

Mr Bagel

Mr Bagel Latest Videos

Posts from Mr Bagel

Tuesday 16 October 2007

Saying thank you...
...On Election day


Australia's Prime Minister John Howard has just finished announcing the federal election and in an amazing timely delivery for our remote community we have received rather deceptive envelopes addressed personally to each person able to vote.

No, these envelopes aren't from the Electoral commission they're from one of the major Political parties. Which one? Well lets just say the one that has been misspending millions of dollars of tax payers money in supposed Public Information ads which are anything but.

My local MP was nice enough to send me some postal vote application forms inside!

Considering the Polling booth is quite a drive away from me, the election is on a Sabbath, and I hate queuing up at the local polling booth as the local representatives feign that they actually do care what you think, I prefer to send my vote in by postal vote.

Who will I vote for? Well lets just say I thank my local representative for caring enough to give me the postal nomination forms, but I wouldn't go counting your eggs quite yet.

Giving the local school an Australian Flag from your office was a nice gesture, not giving them the funding to buy paper toweling for the toilet block for a year is plain nasty.

Instead of spending hundreds of millions of dollars on TV advertising telling us how good the Federal government is I'd rather my kids have hand towels. The odd hospital would help too.

But hey thanks for the forms and the replied paid envelope ...

0 Comments:

Hot Tips?

Send an Email
BAGELHOTLINE

Blog Resources

Blog Buiding


Under
Contruction
Under
Contruction
Under
Contruction
Under
Contruction
Under
Contruction

- 3

- 3

-4

-4